mardi 15 janvier 2019

Imperial Knight House Terryn (GW)

Hi everyone !

A quick update to show you one of my preferred pieces, the Imperial Knight from the house Terryn. I spent quite a lot of time on this one and I tried few new techniques.





I did all the base colors with an airbrush, for such big model it was mandatory. Still I worked a lot with the brush afterwards to make all the details, the lining, the NMM gold and the battle damages.
This was the first time I did NMM on such large surfaces but I really enjoyed it. I chose to go for a very shiny finish, it may not look super realistic but to me it gives a lot of "punch" to the mini.

I also wanted this model to be special, because of it's size of course but also because I really enjoy the design. I wanted this guy to stand out on the battle field. I decided to go for some freehand on the armor. I'm ok with the Terryn house color scheme but the horse head logo looked too simple to me so I wanted to draw my own version a little bit more sophisticated. This was only my second attempt with freehand therefore I tried not to over estimate my skills and proceed slowly step by step. You can find on my blog a step-by-step tutorial for both gold NMM and freehand.


For the base I followed the same pattern as for all my space marines. I used cork as main ground texture and I added details like skulls, bullet cases and metallic fences. The main piece is obviously the tank turret from GW basing kits. I painted a lot of details on it to attract the viewer's attention and reveal the true scale of the Knight.


This projet was a lot of fun. I truely enjoyed working on such a large model with a good balance between highly detailed components and smooth surfaces that are perfect for freehand beginners lile me. I also learnt a lot on NMM and I'll definitely post some tutorials on that too.

1 commentaire: